If you would like to make a difference in your community as a volunteer at the Library, visit the Library’s volunteer page to apply for these and other opportunities at www.cmlibrary.org/volunteer. For questions, contact Volunteer Coordinator Chauna Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-416-0711.
- Beatties Ford Road, Steele Creek, West Blvd, Mountain Island and Main Library are currently looking for tech savvy volunteers to assist in the computer lab and with one-on-one tutoring sessions.Volunteers in the computer lab can help with on-the-fly questions concerning accessing the Internet, operating email accounts and navigating employment websites. Tech Tutors would involve more in-depth subjects such as creating email accounts, using Microsoft Programs, or getting a general introduction to the Internet.
- Homework Zone Monitors at Independence Regional Library. Our ideal volunteer candidates will be people with an interest in education, who are comfortable working with students in grades 6-12, and have a willingness to provide basic homework help during the hours of Monday - Thursday from 5-7:30 pm. As a volunteer you will receive our undying gratitude and free chocolate!
- Urgent need for volunteers to help students and their parents complete the Free Online Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).Total time required is approximately 3 ½ hours (1 ½ training and 2 hours at the location). FAFSA Training will be held on February 9 from 2:30 to 4 pm at Beatties Ford Road Library and is required for all FAFSA Volunteers. Choose one or both of the following days to volunteer:
* Independence Library, Thursday, February 23, from 5 - 7pm
* Beatties Ford Road Library, Saturday, February 25 from 10:30 -11:30am
All selected candidates must complete a background check. More information on specific qualifications for each position is listed on the volunteer page.
Your help is greatly needed — and appreciated!